Plan To Restart The Economy WILL Look Something Like This
What will restarting the economy after Coronavirus look like?
Well Israel has a well-thought-out 4 Phase Plan (pending approval) and I would imagine that the U.S. plan will look something very much like this:
- Phase I: Tech and Finance, some Import/Export industries, 50% of Public Sector, and Preschool
- Phase II: Commerce/Retail Stores, Elementary School (ages 6–10)
- Phase III: Cafes, Restaurants, and Hotels, and most of the rest of the Education system
- Phase IV: Leisure and Entertainment: Culture, Sports, Large Shopping Malls, and Flights
There are 4 additional key provisions to this plan:
- 2 Week Buffer between phases to review and evaluate success before moving forward with the next phase.
- “People over 60 and at-risk populations will not resume normal activity throughout the four phases.”
- Resuming these activities occurs with the exercise of continued caution (e.g. social distancing, testing, etc.).
- Expect 2nd outbreak in the fall and therefore continue to build up healthcare capabilities in preparation of this.
This sounds like an excellent plan as a basis to reopen and one that we can and should build upon. ;-)
(Credit Photo: Andy Blumenthal and thank you to my sister for sharing this plan with me)