When People Fear You, You’re Not A Leader
As the fortune cookie I came across yesterday says:
“Leadership is action, not position.”
And actions demonstrate a good or evil heart.
When everyone hates a leader is that a “leader?”
- Fear is not leadership.
- Bullying is not leadership.
- Corruption is not leadership.
- Showing others what is right and being a good influence.
- Rolling up your sleeves and doing the hard work alongside everyone else.
- Helping others to achieve their potential.
- When others see you as a leader based on your integrity of purpose and actions.
How we treat others is as true a test of leadership as of where we want to go and how we want to get there.
G-d sees everything man (leader or not) does, and only He in Heaven is the Leader of Leaders and the King of Kings. ;-)
(Source Photo: Andy Blumenthal)